Since when did a holiday that focused on pure love become only about a couple’s love?...Valentine’s Day marketing mixes, commercials, Hallmark cards, jewelry stores, and anywhere else you turn your head promotes that this glorious holiday about love is only worth celebrating if you have a significant other. Society tells us, “you poor, poor dear. I’m sure you’ll find someone soon…” Well, luckily you have. And that someone is YOU!
So how do you get around being single on a day focused on couples? You remember you ARE you’re better half!
1. Dinner reservations are a lot easier with a shorter wait time for a table for one so go treat yourself girl!!
2. Who says someone has to send flowers to your office to show that you’re loved? Pick your favorites and decorate yourself!
3. Even if your time is too short, meet your favorite gal pal at the movies (maybe that scandalous 50 Shades movie…lol) and enjoy being in her influential and forever powerful presence.
4. No one said you couldn’t get a great group of women together and go party on the town with red/pink drinks and a whole lot of laughs…
5. There’s no stress of trying to pick out the perfect gift for that special someone, because you already know exactly what this special someone loves!
6. There’s no shame in buying yourself something shiny and wearing it proudly. You’ve earned it! Don’t let anyone put you down for it.
7. Sorry Erin, but single or not I’m still going to scarf down those chocolate covered strawberries….
My point is don’t let anyone convince you that you belong inside, hiding, and eating a carton of ice cream while watching romantic comedies and wondering why that can’t be you. The reason you’re alone is because you haven’t come across a single soul that has been more worthy of your love than the love you give yourself. Settling is NOT an option, nor will it ever be. Don’t get down because we are stuck swimming in a tadpole pond with no prince in sight. The queen is already ruling within you! Quit waiting for some frog to turn into something he’s not. Spend this holiday loving the only person that truly deserves the most of your love. YOU!