Facebook Memories is a way to be forced to look back at the good and the bad of your past, and see where you stand today. For me, my feed seems to be focusing on the six birthdays that were spent with someone that was supposed to love me. Instead, he got too drunk before I could even start celebrating, spent every year embarrassing me to the point of pure disgust for being alive, threw in my face the constant choice not to choose me, and didn’t care the next morning about what he had done.
Even though each day takes the breath out of me reliving those moments, I figure I have two choices. I can let a dead man take me backwards, or I can continue to move forward like I earned the right to. I have decided the following:
1. No ghost of the past can erase the amazing person you have always been and continue to be.
2. Birthdays are a celebration of your achievements, awesomeness, and love. No one, dead or alive, can take that from you.
3. We work hard to show the world our love, and we deserve nothing but pure love in return. Nothing less.
4. There will be good times, and there will be bad. Even if Facebook seems to focus on the bad, it’s the good times that will forever win in your mind and heart if you let them.
5. Life is filled with constant personal storms. It is how we choose to handle them that makes us who we are, and we are Storm Chasers who conquer all! Even if it takes a while to do so.
I choose not to let the personal storms knock me down. I choose to not let the personal demons win, no matter how strong they think they are. I will wear my Birthday Tiara proudly tonight and celebrate with whoever chooses to join me. Because I am a Storm Chaser, and I have done some really amazing things that I am very proud of. And only I can take away my happiness from myself this year, and I refuse to do so today! *She says as she ties up her laces….
We all have personal storms that we face. Some big, some small, and some in between. Here are some of my personal storms. Are you ready to run with me?....