I had such a great time while collecting money for a much needed service. Thank you CASA for keeping our neglected and abused children of Jackson County safe. Your work does not go unnoticed.
After watching movies like Avengers, Captain America, Thor, Spiderman, and more, I realized that there was a lot that went into becoming a superhero. You must start with the following…
1. Choose your super power. Remember this power will define you and all that you are. Think of the given talents that you already possess. If you don’t feel you have any, then simply pick something you would like to master.
2. Design a costume in which you can easily fight evil, and that won’t strangle you while wearing, and will become a symbol of your secret identity.
3. Choose your weakness. Let’s face it, everyone has a weakness and that’s okay. It levels the playing field for everyone. It’s not fair to others if your awesomeness is so overpowering that no one else gets to share their awesomeness, too.
4. Come up with a name that is easy to say and remember and won’t be easily forgotten. Remember, this will be the most important part of your identity. Be inspired by what already makes you amazing.
5. Practice your superhero stance. This will come in handy when you are standing on rooftops looking over the city after another great adventure.
6. Practice and prepare to face evil. Make sure to keep the innocent safe.
This is exactly what CASA does. Jackson County CASA was founded by the Kansas City chapter of the National Council of Jewish Women to ensure that all abused and neglected children are given a voice in court. Their two main goals include: 1. securing a safe, permanent home for the child, and 2. advocating for appropriate medical, educational, and the therapeutic resources. CASA always makes sure that the child’s interest is protected in court.
When I was offered the opportunity to become a superhero to help raise money for this amazing organization, I jumped at the chance. I mean, who doesn’t aspire to be a superhero?!
On June 21, 2016, Chasing Stormi came to the rescue….
Superpower = spreading awesomeness with a smile, while inspiring others to be brave and step outside of their comfort zone.
Weakness = being a people pleaser to the point of losing herself.
Name = Chasing Stormi.
Costume = Cape + Tutu + Mask + Hair Pom-Poms.
Stance = chin up, hands on hips, resolved expression.
Ready = always.
A girl just trying to find her way, stepping outside of her comfort zone, trying new things, and making new friends along the way!